What to Expect
Our 9:30 am Sunday Worship Gatherings at our new building are open to everyone. (Elementary aged kids and younger are invited to attend the fun, age-focused, Jesus-centered environment of Kids Creek.) Deep biblical knowledge is not a requirement to come! Even if you aren't a Christian, but are curious about Jesus, you are more than welcome to join us. (In fact, we started Riverwood for you!)
Wear whatever you feel comfortable in. (In case you are wondering, our leaders usually wear jeans.) And when you come, we promise not to embarrass you by making you stand and introduce yourself to everyone.
While our 65-70 minute Worship Gatherings vary from week to week, most Gatherings...
- start by singing a couple of songs to Jesus,
- hear on a sermon based on a passage of the Bible that will get you thinking about how the gospel impacts everyday life (we tend to study books of the Bible verse by verse)
- celebrate the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus through communion,
- include times of prayer,
- might contain a couple of announcements from the stage,
- and conclude with a song after our Giving Bags are passed.
Normally, we serve food and coffee for free each week out of our Café. However, during the pandemic, we will not be serving food or coffee weekly. When we do, we will do it as safely as possible. You are more than welcome to bring a coffee with you.
Also, bring a Bible. If you don't have one, download one to your phone, or ask us to give you your very own paper copy of the Scriptures. It will be our gift to you!
We look forward to meeting you when you come!
If you have children, plan to come about 10 minutes early to get them checked in. (You will notice the Kids Creek Check-in table to your left once inside the main doors.) You will receive a lanyard with your child's check-in number that you'll need to pick-up your children after the Worship Gathering.
To learn more about our Kids Creek environment & classes, head this way.