We long to be happy. In Psalm chapter 1, we learn how to be truly happy. Psalm 1:1 uses the word "Blessed." This can be translated to "Happy" but not in a temporary sense. Instead, it refers to lasting happiness.
The way of the wicked:
- Walks in the council of the wicked
- Stands in the way of sinners
- Sits in the seat of scoffers
- Doesn't delight in God's law
The way of the wicked will perish.
The way of the righteous:
- Doesn't walk in the council of the wicked
- Doesn't stand in the way of sinners
- Doesn't sit in the seat of scoffers
- Delights in God's law and meditates on it day and night
The way of the righteous leads to lasting happiness